Family Life Center
Introducing a PSA from Family Life Center: The PSA was written and directed by Matanzas High School students Lexi Clayton (actress), Stephan Wheelis (editor) and John Lopez (actor); directed by Purley Amateur Studios. These students, their teacher Tracey Hicks and Principal Dr. Earl Johnson of Flagler Schools had the compassion and forethought to strive to change the sexual violence culture in their community. As we celebrate #NationalSexualAssaultAwarenessMonth, Family Life Center implores you to become engaged in your community by bringing attention to the fact that sexual violence is widespread and impacts every person in this community.
Gulf Coast Sexual Assault Program
Gulf Coast Sexual Assault Program hosted a fundraiser in Marianna, FL at the local Beef O' Brady's.
Nancy J. Cotterman Center
- Picture of bus ad
- 'Walk in my Shoes' Display at Government Center
- Staff accepting Broward County School Board Proclamation proclaiming and supporting April as SAAM and Child Abuse prevention Month and April 25 as Denim Day
- Occupational Therapy Student Interns led and organized the Clothesline Project at Nova Southeastern University's Health Professions Division Building. T-shirts were decorated by NJCC clients.
- Broward County celebrating Denim Day
Roxcy Bolton Rape Treatment Center
RTC Sexual Assault Awareness Fair was a HUGE success. They had approximately 115 persons who attended the fair, and of those who attended 101 submitted their participation slips. This was an amazing accomplishment.
Many people commented that:
- “They enjoyed the event”
- “They learned a lot”
Safe Place & Rape Crisis Center (SPARCC)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Proclamation in the City of Sarasota
- Sexual Assault Awareness Expo in the City of Arcadia – collaboration of 9 agencies and organizations
- Sexual Assault Awareness on campus at State College of Florida (Manatee)
- Sexual Assault Awareness Proclamation in the City of Venice
- Sexual Assault Awareness on campus at State College of Florida (Venice)
University of South Florida Traveling Art Heals Show
Victim Service Center
Victim Service Center made a short video of everything the Central Florida community accomplished throughout the month of April 2017. Please take a moment to watch how you made a difference.
Link to the highlight video: https://youtu.be/CwMnXk3bTWs
Volusia Rape Crisis Center
First photo: Volusia County Sheriff Mike Chitwood (second from left) along with Stewart Marchman Act CEO Ivan Cosimi (third from right) join the Volusia Rape Crisis Center staff and celebrating Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Sheriff Chitwood donated two vehicles to the VRCC to assist advocates with transportation for clients.
Second photo: Victim Advocates Wendy Rutledge, Erin Shannon and Megan Daly at Campus Safety week at Daytona State College.
Third Photo: Victim Advocates Erin Shannon, Wendy Rutledge, Megan Daly at the End Violence Against Women International conference in Orlando, Florida - April 17-20, 2017.