Visit peacerivercenter.org to apply for this job.
JOB TITLE: Green Dot Specialist EFFECTIVE DATE: 2017
PROGRAM: Rape Recovery Program REPORTS TO: Program Manager
FACILITY: Rape Recovery Program CITY: Lakeland
JOB STATUS: Full Time FLSA: Non Exempt
Job Summary: Train identified populations on “Green Dot Bystander Intervention” and booster sessions, having face to face meetings and making overview presentations. The coordinator must be skilled at public speaking across diverse populations. The coordinator will be a community liaison person whose initial goal will be to build multiple relationships through key coalitions and strategic interagency partnerships. A primary task will be finding or growing leaders to be a part of the implementation team. To lead and develop the implementation team the coordinator must have excellent people skills, negotiation skills, listening skills, and the ability to generate creative ideas. They must have time management skills, a desire to understand the community’s history and help the community identify ways to bring green dot to everyone by using key partners, early adopters and focus groups. Additionally they will need to create, develop and maintain an ongoing social marketing and media campaign to enhance community support and build on the bystander trainings.
Present overview speeches as defined by “Green Dot” program. Create, develop and maintain an ongoing social marketing and media campaign and develop community support through key coalitions and strategic interagency partnerships. This position provides information and referral services to primary & secondary victims of sexual assault, and to the general public. Facilitate community education awareness presentations or events. Provides telephone, hospital, crisis and supportive counseling to participants. Assist participants with filing for Victims of Crime Compensation claims. Responsible for maintaining participant’s records and inputting information into the computer data systems. The availability to be on-call two weeks per month. Any other duties assigned by the Supervisor for business necessity.
In the performance of their respective task and duties, all employees are expected to conform to the following:
- Adhere to all PRC policies and Code of Conduct standards and at all times exhibit all PRC’s Core Values.
- Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
- Interact professionally with other employees, customers and vendors.
- Work independently, while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations, as required.
- Ability to arrive/report to work on time and ready to work.
- Ability to abide by principles of EEO compliance and a workplace of dignity and respect.
- Ability to work cooperatively in a group/team setting.
- Ability to show respect to others.
- Ability to take guidance and direction from supervisors.
- Ability to report to work with clean hygiene.
- Ability to adhere to company/program dress code standards.
- Ability to professionally communicate with others.
- An employee in this position must be able to react to change productively and to handle other tasks as assigned.
- All services will be provided regardless of gender or disabilities.
- Must learn, understand and carry out all Victim Services Program Procedures.
- Know, understand and respect participants’ rights.
- Conduct initial and ongoing safety planning with participants.
- Attend all scheduled work hours, meetings, trainings, and other center functions, including on-call as required.
- Facilitates and/or participates in community awareness presentations/events to educate and to identify potential victims of crimes.
- The Green Dot Specialist plans and co- facilities Green Dot Bystander Training groups as scheduled and conducts “Booster Sessions”.
- Present overview speeches as defined by “Green Dot” program.
- The Green Dot Specialist will develop and maintain a social media campaign.
- The Green Dot Specialist will be responsible for creating two Social Marketing campaigns for each site. The campaigns will be targeted for that community reaching 100 hundred to 200 hundred individuals.
- The Green Dot Specialist will develop community support through key coalitions and strategic interagency partnerships
- The Green Dot Specialist will plan two or more action events yearly.
- Provide information and referral services to primary & secondary victims of sexual assault, and to the general public.
- Provide telephone, hospital, crisis and supportive counseling to participants.
- Assist participants with filing for Victims of Crime Compensation claims.
- Responsible for maintaining participant’s records and inputting information into the computer data systems.
- The availability to be on-call two weeks per month.
- This position may be assigned additional “position duties” by a supervisor, other than those listed as is consistent with business necessity. On-going assigned duties will be added in the form of an addendum to this job description.
- Must meet thte DCF state-mandated background and screening requirements.
- A.A. Degree preferred. High school diploma/ G.E.D. Previous volunteer work or experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of one year working with individuals or families in crisis preferred. Domestic Violence or Sexual assault related preferred.
- Bilingual (Spanish) is preferred but not a requirement.
- 30 hours FCADV Core Competency training (provided)
- 30 hours FCASV ACT training (provided)
- Green Dot Training (provided)
- Other annual trainings as required by PRC, FCADV & FCASV.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience as a facilitator in community education awareness presentations or events.
- Skills to create, develop and maintain an ongoing media campaign.
- Skills to develop community support through key coalitions and strategic interagency partnerships.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-start.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office software package.
- Excellent motivational skills to work with volunteers, community partners and victims’ service team.
- History of regular work attendance.
- Demonstrated the ability to lift 25 lbs.
- Leadership potential preferred.
- Trauma counseling skills preferred.
- Universal Precautions
- Comply with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations
- Life Safety Equipment (fire extinguisher)
- Must have reliable transportation.
- May/Will drive personal vehicle for job duties:
- Must be over 21 with a FL driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Must carry & maintain $50,000/$100,000 bodily injury coverage on personal vehicle and provide proof of coverage annually.
- May/Will drive a PRC vehicle:
- Must be 25 years of age with a FL driver’s license and clean driving record.
Machines, Tool and Equipment Used:
- Computer, telephone, TTY, fax, copier.
- Reports to the Rape Recovery Program Manager. Meets with supervisor bi-weekly for individual supervision to discuss/manage program needs and evaluate any training needs or issues of professional staff or participants.
- May present exposure to adverse working conditions due to people who may present some exposure to communicable diseases, be verbally abusive or present a threat of violence.
- Office Environment (20)
- Field (20)
- Community (60)